Although HTC geared up to launch its flagship smartphone, the HTC One, in March, the new device will not be available until late April in most parts of the world. The delay is a setback for the company that has struggled to keep up with competitors like Samsung.
Issuing a statement, the company said: “HTC has seen unprecedented demand for and interest in the new HTC One, and the care taken to design and build it is evidenced in early reviews.”
“The new HTC One will roll out in the UK, Germany and Taiwan next week and across Europe, North America and most of Asia-Pacific before the end of April. We appreciate our customers’ patience, and believe that once they have the phone in their hands they will agree that it has been worth the wait,” the statement further added.
It may be noted that HTC One has improved its camera performance to a great extent with a software update.
The daylight performance of HTC camera was not very good. However, the issue was not with the hardware but with the software on the phone. Now, HTC has chosen to fix it in the latest software update.
Key features given on the official website:
A- With HTC BlinkFeed on your phone, you are never out of touch with your world. All your favorite content is streamed live onto one screen. If it’s happening now, you will find it on your home screen.
B- Get perfect images with one-press continuous shooting, VideoPic, and a camera that captures 300 per cent more light.
C-Dual frontal stereo speakers are teamed with powerful amplifiers, so everyone can hear what youâre hearing. Share music, share videos, share gamesâand share them loudly.
D-Tired of remotes taking up valuable couch space? The new HTC One is ready to help you channel surf. With Sense TV, all it takes is a few simple steps and you’ll be able to select TV channels, access program guides, adjust audio and more with your HTC One. Find your favorite shows, and it will notify you when they’re on. Take control of your TV experience with your phone.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
- Android™ with HTC Sense™
- HTC BlinkFeed™
SIM card type
- Total storage : 32GB/64GB, available capacity varies1
- RAM : 2 GB DDR2
- Europe/Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- EU: 800/1800/2600 MHz
- US (AT&T): 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz
- US (TMO): 700/AWS MHz
- US (Sprint): 1900 MHz
- Asia: 1800/2600 Mhz
- Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Gyro sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- NFC capable3
- Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
- DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
- HTC Connect
- Miracast wireless display standard
- Support consumer infrared remote control
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
- Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™
- HDR Microphone
- Sense Voice
- HTC UltraPixel Camera
- BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3′
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
- F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
- Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
- Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 880 wide angle lens with HDR capability
- 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR Video
- HTC Zoe™ with Sequence Shot, Always Smile and Object Removal
- Gallery with Video Highlights and HTC Share
- Continuous shooting and VideoPic
- Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
Audio supported formats:
- Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
- Recording: .amr
Video supported formats:
- Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Recording: .mp4
- Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
- Capacity : 2300 mAh
- Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 5 V and 1 A